It’s never too early for holiday spirit

It’s never too early for holiday spirit

Every Dec. 25 morning for as long as I can remember, I dash down the stairs of my house to my living room, waking my sleepy family along the way, ready for the day.

But as you know, Dec. 25 is no ordinary day: it’s Christmas. And it is the best holiday to ever be created.

It’s the sweets of Halloween, the food of Thanksgiving and the presents of your birthday combined into a single day. What’s not to love?

In preparation for the holidays, stores have been selling decorations and holiday items way before December, which some consider to be outrageous.

I think it’s outrageous also. Outrageously awesome that is.

Stores like Target aired holiday ads in mid-October in 2012, according to Time Business, and I was thrilled. It meant the holidays were almost here.

The holidays are a time of joy and excitement. So why not celebrate it for the maximum time possible?

If radio stations want to play “Walking In a Winter Wonderland” and “Let it Snow” on a 24/7 loop for all of November and December, that’s fine by me.

And when stores bring out holiday items early, it gives us the holidays to look forward to. It reminds us that the best time of year is just around the corner.

We can look forward to warm hot chocolate, candy canes and peppermint bark. People are friendlier, happier and more giving during this time.

So to all the “wait until after Thanksgiving” people, I ask: Why contain a great holiday when it can be celebrated for a longer period of time?

While everyone else works through the nights on endless piles of homework and begins to get used to the frigid winter temperatures, I’ll be logging onto my Pandora “Christmas radio” station, grabbing my Santa hat, singing along and counting down the days until Dec. 25.