Westport elementary schools sweep the 2015 Niche rankings

The Niche website’s 2015 Best Public Elementary School ranking included all Westport elementary schools, with Saugatuck, King’s Highway, Coleytown, Green’s Farms and Long Lots taking fourth through eighth places, respectively.

According to the Niche website, schools with high rankings are “exceptional academic institution[s] with a diverse set of high-achieving students and faculty, and the students are very happy with their experiences.”

Schools were graded in four categories: academics, district overall experience, teachers and student culture and diversity.  All five Westport schools received the same grades in all categories — A+’s in academics, district overall experience and teachers, and a C- in student culture and diversity, according to the Niche website.

The ranking was based off of data from various government and public data sets, as well as Niche’s own data which consists of “4,624,238 opinion-based survey responses across a variety of topics from 287,606 current students, recent alumni, and parents,” the Niche website explained.

Dr. Elliot Landon, the Superintendent of Westport public schools, was “very proud of all of our teachers and administrators and overjoyed by the success of our students,” he said about the award.  “[Westport has] great teachers, great administrators, great parents and great kids.”