Students rave about offbeat places to study

The inside of Barnes & Noble creates a beneficial atmosphere for students to get their work done.

Let’s face it, it is a piece of cake to get distracted while doing homework. One step into a noisy environment full of friends and there is no chance of finishing those assignments. In order to eliminate any diversions, Staples students swear by their favorite locations to get their work done.

Christopher Morales ’16 shared that the green outside the Westport Public Library is his favorite place to do his math homework. He explained that sitting on the grass or outdoor benches allows him to have a great view and the sunshine creates warmth.

In addition to Morales, Killian Jampierre ’15 also loves the outdoors.

Jampierre commented that while doing her homework, she likes to sit under a large tree in her backyard. She explained that this location creates a “quiet and private” environment and concluded that “being outside is really relaxing, which makes it much easier to study.”

While some students appreciate the outdoors, others find indoor locations to be more effective.

For example, Alva Testor ’17 said that her favorite place is Barnes & Noble. She clarified that this is the most effective location for her to focus on her assignments because at home she “worries about other things like cleaning [her] room.”

In addition, Carly Singer ’14 likes to study in her “unfinished basement [with] a fridge full of pudding” because no one goes down there, allowing her to pay attention to her work.

Some of these locations are definitely unusual, but don’t be scared. Try out new places to study and you may find your new ideal spot.