Jonathan Adler brings Exquisite Designs and Color to Downtown Westport

Winter has arrived.  Darkness is upon us by 4:30 p.m.  Shortly after that, the air becomes frigid as the temperature drops.  With these dreary conditions, it’s easy to fall into the winter blues.  Most people long for warm days, green grass, and seeing any other color than gray.  Since the weather cannot be changed, we have to find alternative ways to brighten up our days.

A vibrant and happy place to be restored is the new Jonathan Adler store which recently opened in Westport.  Jonathan Adler, a design shop, is packed with whimsical patterns, rich colors, and high quality items.  The store carries everything from purses and pillows, to bright lacquered tables and stand out pieces of pottery.

Jonathan Adler, the eponymous founder, is a graduate of Brown University who began as a potter in New York City.  His sophisticated vases were picked up by department store Barney’s and his career in the design world launched.  His designs put a quirky spin on classic home furnishings and accessories.  A favorite item created by Mr. Adler is the banana bud vase.  Shaped like a banana with the peel flourishing out from the sides, this creation is sure to stand out in any environment.  It comes in black, white, platinum and gold and is priced between $48 and $68, depending on color.

For those in search of colorful items, Jonathan Adler store has plenty to chose from such as the pink and orange British flag sunglass case and the striking needlepoint pillows.  Whether you purchase a sofa or a sunglass case, the products are of the highest quality and style.

In addition to being an accomplished designer, Adler is the proud author of 100 Ways to Happy Chic Your Life, My Prescription for Anti-Depressive Living ( a guide to creating a happy environment), Jonathan Adler on Happy Chic Accessorizing and Jonathan Adler on Happy Chic Colors.  You can find all of these books at his Westport store.  They are priced between $17 and $35.

With the holidays readily approaching, the Jonathan Adler store offers an assortment of items that are perfect for gift giving.  As Mr. Adler said, “A few of my favorite items for the holidays would be the smartphone dock and my books.”

The new Jonathan Adler store is lighting up Main Street. with its lively hues and overall message of “Happy Chic”.  Jonathan Adler is located at 166 Main St.