A New Website: Staples’ Reactions

Alex Greene and Ellie Kalatzi

Anyone who consistently goes to the Staples homepage for homework, news and guidance of any sort certainly will notice the site’s makeover.

At first look, the site appears a bit grayer than it used to, with a change of the calendar on the right side of the page. After further inspection, it is clear that the tabs on the top of the site have changed name, and some of the options in the drop-down menus have been erased, added to another tab or moved around.

Many students are not fond of the website’s new format.

“I don’t like it because everything has moved around,” Nick Kelly ’13 said. “It takes time looking for things, and time is money.”

Austin Nicklas ’14 agreed. “I hate it. I don’t know how to use it, and I’m too lazy to figure it out. I think it was a bad decision from the administrators or whoever changed it,” he said.

And there more than just students who did not like the new website.

“I am not a fan. When I go to my drop-box, it is hard to get to the library learning center,” said librarian Margaret Parkhurst.

Still, the new website does have its supporters, among them Principal John Dodig. “The reason for the change of format was to create consistency between all the Westport School District websites. I personally think the new look is great, and the goal was to make the site less cluttered, easier to find things and generally more organized,” Dodig said.