Mixology Brings Chic Clothes and Low Prices to Westport

Inside Mixology, I thought I was in the chicest store on Madison Avenue.  Everything from the silver mannequins dripping in fall’s hottest trends to the beautifully organized shelves,  had me convinced that this would be another overpriced boutique.  The store screamed “expensive” — from the interior design to the look of the stylish clothes hanging on the racks.

Roaming around the store, I was surprised by the price tags I glanced at.  The more I kept browsing, I realized that the store’s glamorous appearance made it look as if I was in one of those boutiques where a plain white shirt starts at $100.00.  Boy, was I wrong!

The chain’s regional manager, Ryann Levine, originally went to school for teaching, but ended up working in the Woodbury Mixology store and was then promoted to her current position. “We wanted to be in Westport and branch out from New York.  We knew that Westport would be an excellent town to open a store in,” said Levine.

The orginial Mixology is in Oceanside, New York.  With five other locations, Mixology now offers us “boutique style and feel but not at boutique prices,” Levine said.  Affordable prices and great clothes… could it get any better?

With economical prices and stylish clothing, Levine noted that so far “ the reaction is great, people really seem to love the merchandise.”  As an avid shopper, I was relieved by the the wide price range the store offers.  While there are some really high priced items, the good news is that the there’s a comfortable mix allowing  shopper in every price range to find something in their budget.

Mixology has an amalgamation of many trends.  For the new season, Levine said they’re seeing a lot of tribal prints, colored jeans, layering and open shoulder (or cold shoulder as, Levine calls it) and long maxi skirts.

If you’re not one to chase seasonal trends, Mixology still has something for you.  You can sift through cosy long chunky knit sweaters, printed leggings and bandage skirts and an assortment of nifty fringed rocker T’s.

“We offer hundred styles under a hundred dollars,” Levine said.

Mixology also has an extensive collection of rings, bracelets and necklaces.  I was particularly drawn to the buddha bracelets and the golden nugget bracelets.  There’s also a broad selection of casual dress shoes and boots.

Mixology has opened in a very cool space directly across from the Westport post office.  This is a store that stands to bring some new life to the retail area of our town.  Mixology will also be a top choice for some affordable and very fashionable Christmas and Chanukah shopping.

Mixology is located at 151 Post Road East Westport, CT