The Best of the Worst: My Favorite Horribly-Rated Movies

Some may say that I have bad taste in movies. I would rather say that my opinions are different than most. Unfortunately, I must admit that some of my favorite movies have not exactly been given the greatest of critical reviews. This realization led me to this: my favorite horribly-rated films.

There are few things I like more than a shirtless Taylor Lautner, though his perfectly sculpted abs are only one of the reasons I fell in love with “The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 1.” The movie consists of the drama-filled marriage and honeymoon of vampire Edward Cullen and human Bella Swan.

On this honeymoon, Bella gets pregnant. To save Bella during the birth, Edward has to bite her and turn her into a vampire. This causes deadly problems between the vampire and werewolf clans.

It sounds complex, I know, but if you can follow along with the plot then this is truly a spectacular movie. It is packed with action, romance, and jaw-dropping adventure. There was not a moment during the film in which I was not fully engaged in the vampire versus werewolf drama.

Unfortunately, the critics at Rolling Stone disagreed with my high praise; giving it a disgraceful one out of four stars. Obviously, these critics could not appreciate the perfect acting skills of these blood-sucking characters.

What do you get when you combine the acting skills of Zac Efron, Sarah Jessica Parker, Jessica Biel, Ashton Kutcher, and more? For the critics at Rolling Stone, you get a zero star movie, but for me you get 118 minutes of pure entertainment in the form of “New Year’s Eve.”

The plot of the film revolves around the lives and interactions of numerous people on New Year’s Eve, as they encounter love, family, and humor. Some of the most engaging parts of the movie are the intertwining stories, as well as seeing some of my most beloved actors engaging in just one film.

Though Rolling Stones review disagrees, “New Year’s Eve” is a heart-warming movie for the holidays.

For the next movie, we are going to have to go back to early 2011. The film is called “Justin Bieber: Never Say Never.” It is a documentary on pop sensation Justin Bieber’s life and his journey to fame.

To begin, it should be known that I saw the movie three times. Yes, three. So, personally, how it got 1.5 out of 10 stars based on almost 52,000 users on The Internet Movie Database, or IMDb, is absurd.

I guess you can tell that I am a “zBelieber”. But the great thing about this movie is that you do not have to be a Bieber fanatic to love it. It is a genuinely inspirational film on how a boy who started out with nothing and made it to the top.

What have I learned from the realization that I love terribly rated movies? Do not trust the critics. Or, for that matter, 52,000 online users…