Ludel takes down the competition

Wrestling since the dawn of seventh grade, wrestling Captain Justin Ludel ’15 spent his summer lifting weights and attending wrestling camp at Greens Farms Academy. His ten wins this season have earned him the Male Athlete of the Season Award.

Teammate Kevin Watt ‘15 says, “To the team, Justin is a rock.”

Watt  says that Ludel is technically sound, rarely making mistakes, and executes each takedown or pinning combination solidly. Watt attributes Ludel’s success to his exceptional strength, which “gives him a good edge over anyone else on the mat.”

Ludel lived in the gym this summer, and his strong performance on the mat has been a testament to all of the work that he put in during the offseason. He boasts personal records of a 195 lb. max bench and a 225 lb. max squat.

Ludel says that being an upperclassman allowed him to come into the season more confident. He wrestled to a personal record of ten wins and five losses in the 138 lb. weight class.

Watt also compliments Ludel’s leadership qualities by saying that he is an exceptional leader, both vocally and once the whistle blows. “He puts in hard work every day and is someone all the young guys on the team look up to. He is an example of what it means to work hard” Watt says.

Ludel appreciates his teammates and says, “They are a fun group of guys,” and the season has been “a bonding experience, and I have gotten to know some of the younger guys pretty well.”

As for the future, Ludel has high expectations for his squad, saying that even though they don’t always have enough guys to fill a lineup, “My goal for the rest of high school is to win FCIACs and make a run at states.”