South Moon Under gets underway

One day Klaff’s lighting store was shutting down and moving out. Then, the next morning the store is painted, the doors are open, customers are shopping and South Moon Under is open for business.

On Mar. 6 a new retail clothing store opened next to Top This. The warm weather this weekend triggered the spring fever to kick in and was a perfect way to get people out around town and into this sophisticated beachy boutique.

In fact, South Moon Under was established by a surfer in Maine, named Frank Gunion, whose vision when starting his company was to inspire “self expression through the art of fashion,” which just happens to be the company’s motto. South Moon Under is known for selling their bathing suits all year round, so even with mounds of snow burying Westport at its feet, it is definitely still worth it to sneak a peek at their swimwear selection.

Purchases from the ever-so-chic Free People to the upscale and elegant Splendid brands can be made here, both on and off sale for a very reasonable price. Already, an entire sale section has been established downstairs, offering up to 70% off shoes and clothes.

Other Staples students that have eyeballed the store, such as Nikki Lynch ‘16, agree that “it is such a good addition to main street.” Lynch especially loves their branded jeans. Investigate the assemblage before you pop into the store.

The unique, bohemian jewelry array ranges from delicate gold hoops and studs to loud colourful and bright pieces each with their own original flair. If you’re looking for a great place to start your summer shopping, make South Moon Under your first stop. Their free-spirited, individual style are core necessities you’ll want to be sporting this season.

For some more styling options, explore Staples own, Jonah Levine’s clothing line!