Inklings News

Staples Raises AP Exam Fee by Three Dollars to Offset Administrative Charges

Staples Raises AP Exam Fee by Three Dollars to Offset Administrative Charges

March 16, 2011

This year, the administration charged $90 per AP exam, three dollars higher than the price listed in the AP exam booklet distributed to all students taking an exam. This was due to increases in administrative costs from administering the tests. “Last year we came up short at administrative costs,” Ja...

Student Teachers Use Staples as a classroom

Student Teachers Use Staples as a classroom

December 22, 2010

Michelle Maher is a graduate student at at the University of Connecticut who is working to get her master’s degree in education. As a requirement for the course, Maher was required to teach high school level students for four months. Maher taught Introduction to Psychology and U.S. History and government, two social studies courses normally taught by teachers Carol Avery a...

Physics in High School: Recommended or Required?

Physics in High School: Recommended or Required?

September 27, 2010

On top of all their other classes, many students wonder if physics is necessary as it is not a graduation requirement. | Photo by Emily Goldberg '12 According to the Staples credit and distribution requirements found in the student handbook, students are only required to receive two science credits to graduate high ...

Understanding Adoption

Understanding Adoption

March 12, 2010

Alicia Lourekas '12 Staff Writer While some high school students begin their search for colleges, some teenagers are on a different kind of search. A search for their biological parents. According to the Evan B. Donaldson Adoption Institute, just over 2 percent of all American children are adopted. But, for the other 98 percent, it may be hard to understand what an adopted child g...

Join the discussion.
understanding