It’s Time to Kill “Ooh Kill ‘Em”

Its Time to Kill Ooh Kill Em

I’m fully aware that I am about to offend lots of people here, but stick with me.

Ever since (not so) little 6-year-old Terio danced his way into the hearts of thousands of Vine users, his trademark dance and the phrase that comes with it has spread like wildfire through teenagers’ vocabularies.

Get a problem right in math class: “Ooh kill ‘em!” Pass your driving test: “Ooh kill ‘em!” Win your fantasy football matchup: “Ooh kill ‘em!”

What ever happened to “nice job” or “well done?” It seems to me like the only way to acknowledge that your best friend just got into Harvard early decision is to scream at the top of your lungs “Ooh kill ‘em!”

North Woods ’15 said, “It’s absolutely bogus that it’s even a trend.”

I could watch these hilarious vines all day every day, but it crosses the line when they start creeping into my everyday life.

Everywhere you look, basketball players, football stars, and even your aunt and uncle are doing the “Ooh Kill ‘Em.”

Don’t get me wrong; it’s possible that this trend is nothing more than another Gangnam Style, Harlem Shake, or Dougie, but if it’s not, we are going to have a serious problem on our hands.

This is why I personally plead to each and every teenager who has ever uttered these three fateful words to reconsider your encouraging comments, and together we can work to kill “Ooh kill ‘em!”