Fire alarm triggered by student’s e-cigarette

Banner+by+Taylor+Harrington%3B+Photo+Contributed+by+Zoe+Brown
Back to Article
Back to Article

Fire alarm triggered by student’s e-cigarette

Banner by Taylor Harrington; Photo Contributed by Zoe Brown

Banner by Taylor Harrington; Photo Contributed by Zoe Brown

Banner by Taylor Harrington; Photo Contributed by Zoe Brown

Banner by Taylor Harrington; Photo Contributed by Zoe Brown

Taylor Harrington, Breaking News Managing Editor

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.


Email This Story






The fire alarm at Staples suddenly sounded at about 9:15 this morning because a smoke alarm was triggered in a boys’ bathroom by vapor from an electronic cigarette. Students and faculty grabbed their raincoats and umbrellas and fought the strong winds and heavy rain outside for about 15 minutes as they waited for the fire marshall to check for safety.

A few short minutes after settling back into class, Principal John Dodig made an announcement over the loudspeaker. He informed everyone that the administration will be reviewing videotapes to try and find the student responsible for the alarm.

Listen to a recording of his announcement to the school about the cause of the fire alarm and following evacuation.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email