Monster Mash celebrates Halloween

On Saturday, Oct. 19, Long Lots Elementary School held a Monster Mash to celebrate the upcoming holiday. The cafeteria, gym, library, courtyard and a few classrooms were covered in orange and black.

Children in kindergarten through fifth grade dressed in costumes as monsters, witches and super heroes.

Also there to join the party were Staples students. Volunteers from the Staples Key Club were there to help in the gym with the obstacle course.

After each kid finished the relay race, the key club volunteer would congratulate them and record their time. Amanda DeBlasi ’15 was one of the volunteers and said, “I love kids so its so great to see them in their costumes for Halloween.”

Not only were members of the key club there, but Staples Cheerleaders were also there to help out. A few cheerleaders cheered on the kids who participated in the obstacle course, and others were out in the courtyard spray painting hair, painting faces and painting nails.

Overall, it was a spooky but exciting day for both Long Lots and Staples students.