Car Drives into Post Road Storefront; No Injuries Reported

At 6 p.m. on Saturday night, a car drove through the front window of Painter’s Supply at the Compo Shopping Center. The store was closed at the time of the accident. No one was injured,  and there was no damage estimate as of Saturday night.

According to Katie, the store’s manager in design who declined to provide her last name, the police determined the collision was an accident after a brief investigation.

Katie said she arrived roughly an hour after the accident. The police and the building’s landlord were already at the scene, as was the owner of a neighboring liquor store, who told Katie that “the whole building shook” when the car hit.

The Westport Daily Voice, citing a fire official, reported that the accident occurred when the driver accidentally stepped on the accelerator instead of the brake.

While this is the first accident of its kind that took place at Painter’s Supply, which opened this January, Katie said that it isn’t uncommon.

“It’s happened several times before at Gold’s Deli, at least three since I’ve been here,” she said.