The Girls’ Golf Team Tees Off

Co-captain Christie Cantor ’14 tees off during one of the team’s practices

The Girls’ Golf Team Tees Off

The girls’ golf team is in full swing. With training at least four times a week and additional individual practice on top of that, Erica Stein ’13, one of the captains of the team, believes they will have a successful season.

“My hopes for this season are to once again qualify for FCIACS and States,” she said. “But not just to qualify, but this time to go all the way and hopefully take the title in both.”

In 2012 the team placed second in the FCIAC, but Stein said that two new key players, Anelise Brown ’16 and Faith Garcia ’14, will play very important roles this season.

“The golf team kind of got off to a late start because of the bad weather, but the whole team was super nice and welcoming,” Brown said.

Brown, who has been playing golf for three and half years, said that while she is having fun on the team, she hopes to help bring the team to see an FCIAC title.

Garcia, who has been playing for seven years, agreed.

“We are like family and we all get along so well,” she said. “It’s a great experience to meet with people who are different ages and love the things you love to do.”

The team’s first match is on April 9 at Longshore against Fairfield Ludlowe and Darien.