Staples Baseball Rocks Out To Their Playlist

Photo by Staples Baseball

“Hype Swag” is how play list creator, Greg Salamone ’13, describes the warm-up play list for the Staples Baseball team.

To help the Wreckers prepare for games, Salamone’13 put together a bunch of hip prep songs, divided into two play lists that help the Varsity boys get in the right mind-set.

The warm up to the warm up consists of mostly country music, or any song deemed as good outdoor music.

“Whatever songs get us mentally prepared to play that day, we’ll play,” Matt Smith ’13 said. “It’s all about setting up a good vibe.”

The transition to hip-hop and rap and heavier rock comes on 30-45 minutes before game time, which is deemed the official warm-up period.

“Now this is what you would call a “pump-up” play list because right before the game, it gets our juices flowing and our focus high,”  Salamone’13 said. “They’re meant to make everyone feel good and loose.”

Each player has personal favorites that help him get in the right mood.

“Ball by TI and Lil Wayne helps me get my mind on the game and off of focusing on other things. The play list helps me relax before the game, which without it would be difficult to accomplish,” said Bryan Porter ’14.

Salamone’13 is happy to add songs in order to keep each player in the zone.

“It’s rare that there is a good song missing from the play list, but I am very open to requests,” Salamone’13 said. “Adding more good songs does always spice it up a little.”