The End of an Era: 10 Popular Shows Finish Airing
Admit it, we all have that one show that we look forward to watching every week. It’s a routine: curling up on the couch after an exhausting day of school with a snack in hand, ready to find out what will happen to your favorite character. But sadly, some people’s worlds were turned upside down this year when they found out that their beloved program would be ending. Here is a list of TV shows that broadcasted their final episode in 2012:
1. Weeds- Original Run:(August 7, 2005 – September 16, 2012)
This dark comedy series featured a single mother who resorts to selling illegal drugs in order to support her family in their times of need.
2. House- Original Run: (November 16, 2004 – May 21, 2012)
House, named after the main character Dr. Gregory House, was one of the most popular TV shows on air. It followed the life of this controversial yet brilliant doctor through many medical cases.
3. One Tree Hill- Original Run: (September 23, 2003 – April 4, 2012)
The high school themed drama never failed to accurately depict the real teenage world. It told the story of two half brothers that led completely different lives in the fictional town of Tree Hill, NC.
4. Chuck- Original Run: (September 24, 2007 – January 27, 2012)
Never lacking in humor, Chuck was a program about a spy who had many top secret government files downloaded in his brain.
5. Extreme Makeover: Home Edition- Original Run: (December 3, 2003 – January 13, 2012)
In this inspirational reality show, each week a team of over 100 designers and builders work together to completely remodel an underprivileged person’s home in seven days.
6. CSI: Miami- Original Run: (September 23, 2002 – April 8, 2012)
This program showed viewers what it’s like to solve crimes in one of the biggest cities in the United States: Miami.
7. Desperate Housewives- Original Run: (October 3, 2004 – May 13, 2012)
Viewers are taken into the lavish lives of various housewives in the suburbs, on a street called Wisteria Lane. These women may seem like they have it all, but this show is full of unexpected secrets and surprises.
8. Are You There, Chelsea?- Original Run: (January 11 – March 28, 2012)
Chelsea Handler stars in this wildly hilarious TV show covering the real life experiences she went through in her twenties.
9. Fear Factor- Original Run: (Original series:June 11, 2001 – September 12, 2006 Revived series:December 12, 2011 – July 16, 2012
Each episode, contestants are faced with their biggest fears, and take part in numerous outrageous stunts.
10. I Hate My Teenage Daughter- Original Run: (November 30, 2011 – March 20, 2012)
In this sitcom, two mothers grow to realize that their teenage daughters are growing up to be as cruel as the girls they used to hate when they were in high school.
If one of your favorites is on this list, don’t be discouraged because there are tons of new shows that are sure to keep your eyes glued to the screen. Some of them include ‘666 Park Avenue,’ ‘Animal Practice,’ ‘The New Normal,’ and ‘Made in Jersey.’
To find out more information on upcoming shows, click here.