Five most common winter break Instagrams

Taylor Harrington, Staff Writer

No one spent more time on Instagram over winter break than the stay at home Westporters. It is this small section of our town without a ski house in the mountains of Vermont or plane tickets to a tropical island that found themselves refreshing the predictable Instagrams in between each Netflix episode.

However, without even checking Instagram, these Staples students knew they were bound to find themselves sulking over one of the following photos. Luckily, hundreds were posted, allowing non-travelers to feel like they were right there on vacation with them.

Screen Shot 2014-01-07 at 12.34.39 PM

1. While tanning on the finest white beaches, many Westporters sipped sweet drinks, making sure to feature their freshly manicured fingers or tan legs in their Instagrams just in case anyone forgot they were being pampered.

Screen Shot 2014-01-07 at 1.05.24 PM

2. Enjoying the snowy weather, others Instagramed their colorful skis contrasting against the latest coating of powder on the slopes in Colorado and Vermont.

Screen Shot 2014-01-07 at 1.07.32 PM

3. Using the panorama feature, some vacation-goers captured a pink sky as well as the beach they already Instagrammed three hours before, all in one photo.

Screen Shot 2014-01-07 at 1.08.23 PM

4. If you don’t Instagram the beautiful breakfast you just ate then did it really happen? Fancy breakfast dining is a must upload as your lonely friend is busy crunching on cereal in Westport.

Screen Shot 2014-01-07 at 1.10.07 PM

5. Feeling withdrawal already, many Westporters took one last picture out of the plane window. But, don’t worry, that’s not the last picture you’ll see from those vacations. #tbt

Despite travelers’ success in bragging through every picture they posted, the occasional Instagram of a stay at home Westporter’s nutella latte from the Granola Bar or warm mac and cheese sandwich from the Grilled Cheese Eatery definitely made travelers jealous of those of us who stayed home.