Top 5 Staples Alumni: Guess Who?

Staples High School is home to many talented students of both the past, and present. Here’s a look at some of the most famous Alumnus of Staples history. Can you guess who?

The next alumni is most famous for his role as Dr. Emmett Brown in Back to the Future. He won three Primetime Emmy Awards as well as an Independent Spirit Award, and also wasnominated for two Saturn Awards and a Daytime Emmy Award. Guess who?

Christopher Lloyd. He is pictured here in character as Dr. Brown from Back to the Future. Other well known movies of LLoyd’s include Star Trek, Angels in the Outfield, and The Addam’s Family. Lloyd graduated from Staples High School in 1985 despite his upbringing in New Canaan.

Known by the stage name “Baauer,” this Staples alumni currently has the #1 dance song in the country, “The Harlem Shake.” It’s a song that has inspired over 40 million videos. Guess who?

Harry Rodrigues. He has produced music since the ripe age of 13, particularly house and electronic music. “Baauer” moved around a lot when he was growing up, but lived in Westport from 13 to 17 years old. He attended Staples High School until 2006, then transferred to the American School of London for his senior year.

This Staples graduate is best known for directing the movie The Girl Next Door, a romantic comedy nominated for multiple MTV movie awards that was based off of Westport teenagers. Guess who?

Luke Greenfield. He is an American film director, born in Manhasset, New York, and raised in Westport. After graduating Staples in 1990, Greenfield went on to produce many movies including Role Models, and the recent Something Borrowed. The Girl Next Door’s characters attended “Westport High School,” and although the movie was filmed and set in California, Greenfield’s film was indeed based off of Westport. In an interview with IGN entertainment, Greenfield said, “I grew up in Westport, Connecticut, which is a very safe, secure town, where nothing can really happen to you, and from the outside world you’re very protected. So, I kind of based the movie on that town.”

He is an American theatre actor and musician who starred as Micah in the 2007 hit horror film, Paranormal Activity. Guess who?

Micah Sloat. He appeared in the 2010 horror sequel, Paranormal Activity 2, and contributed original music to both films. Sloat is the oldest of six children, all of whom have grown up in Westport and either attended or will attend Staples. A member of the class of 1999, Sloat surprisingly was not a member of the Players’ acting troupe; however, his impressive acting has granted him a career in Hollywood. In an interview with Sacred Heart University, Sloat said, “I had some wild dreams of success, but I had never even thought about half the stuff that’s happening.”

More commonly known by Staples students as Toby Flenderson from The Office: this Staples alumni is an esteemed writer, producer, and actor. He has won multiple primetime emmy awards for his contribution to the hit television show The Office. Guess who?

Paul Lieberstein. When asked about his memories of Staples, the 1985 graduate said, “I don’t really remember much [about Staples] because it was a long time ago, but I remember that I was the editor of Soundings [Staples’ literary magazine] and definitely remember a few very good teachers.”

Sidenote: In one episode of the Office, another character Kevin Malone was even seen wearing a Staples baseball hat.