Some students settle in, others set sail this winter break

Winter break is a great time to get away from constant studying and late nights of homework.

Rest and relaxation, on the beach or the couch, provide some much-needed rejuvenation.

Whether escaping to tropical getaways, visiting family or just staying in Westport, Staples students are ready and counting down the days until Tues. Dec. 23.

“My grandparents always come, […] and we all chill at my house, I guess, and have a really nice dinner, watch movies and hide from the cold,” James O’Brien ’17 said.

Like O’Brien, many other students will also be spending time with relatives during the upcoming winter break, but instead of staying in Westport, they have to travel.

“We always go to my grandparents house in Florida, and we watch the last sunset of the year on the beach,” Zach Wallace ’16 said.

Wallace added that the weather in the South is much more to his liking.

“There’s no snow on the ground, which is really nice,” Wallace said.

Still, others use the break to travel far from home.

“I am going on a Disney cruise to the Caribbean. I’ve never been on a cruise before so I’m excited for a new experience,”  Nicole Mathias ’16 said.

However, no matter where a person spends winter break, the most important thing is to spend time with friends and family.

As O’Brien said, “I really, really like to see my family during Christmas and relax at home and have some time to breathe with people [I] like spending time with.”