Fresh(ii) restaurant opens

Freshii’s welcoming counter draws in customers with tantalizing toppers and add-ins to the variety of menu items.

Monday marked the opening of Freshii in Westport. Located at 1 Main Street, the healthy fast food restaurant has a very go-green vibe. According to the website, Matthew Corrin, founder of the fresh and earth-friendly store, set out to “eliminate the excuse that people don’t eat well because there’s nothing convenient or affordable.” The first Freshii store opened in Toronto in 2005, but there are now stores in 35 cities and 8 countries around the world.

One Freshii employee, visiting from Toronto in honor of the opening of the Westport store, spoke highly of the store’s opening day. “It was very busy and we received a lot of positive feedback,” he said.

The menu has a variety of salads, wraps, burritos, rice bowls, yogurts, breakfast and soups. This Toronto employee said that his favorite item on the menu is the baja burrito, filled with quinoa, avocado, red onions, cilantro, green onion, cabbage, salsa and pico de gallo.

Freshii focuses on being “good to the earth.” The website says that “everything you take from the store either biodegrades naturally to the earth or is easily recyclable.”

Freshii is open Monday-Sunday 7:00am-7:00pm in the heart of Westport downtown.